Tonight! // 今晚!
Photos: Amber Wu / 图:吴平
United Verses is proud to announce that it will be hosting United Verses 5 at 3pm on December 1st, at Riverside (河岸), one of Shanghai’s grooviest cafes for live folk music, film screenings and poetry readings. Here’s the address:
160 Ha’erbin Lu, near Liaoning Lu
1913 Creative Park, Building A, Room 301
Riverside is a 5 minute walk from metro Line 4 and 10’s Hailun Lu Station.
You can see pictures and read more about the venue here (Chinese).
第五个译站将于12月1号下午3点在河岸艺术空间举行。河岸是集音乐现场、独立电影、实验戏剧、艺术学堂为一体的艺术家客厅和孵化地。地址和交通信息如下:
上海市虹口区哈尔滨路160号“老洋行1913”创意园 A301(近辽宁路)
地铁4号线和10号线的海伦路站2号口出,步行5分钟可到
如需更多信息,请查询河岸的豆瓣小站。
United Verses 5 is coming on December 1, 2012!
译站5于12月1号举行!
Thank you to everyone who participated last weekend in the 4th installment of United Verses. Despite the heat, the event, held at the James Cohan Gallery was a great success.
谢谢大家来参加第四届译站!虽然热不得了了,James Cohan Gallery举行的活动很成功!
We’d especially like to thank all of the poets and translators who participated. A selection of photos from the event are below, courtesy of Judy from the James Cohan Gallery.
特别感谢所有参加的诗人和翻译者。James Cohan Gallery的Judy拍的活动照片如下:
The fourth United Verses will take place tomorrow July 7 at 4pm at the James Cohan Gallery. Info below:
第四个译站明天7月7号下午四点在James Cohan Gallery进行。信息如下:
James Cohan Gallery
1F, Bldg 1, 170 Yueyang Lu, near Jianguo Lu
岳阳路170号1号楼1楼,近建国路
4pm
下午4点钟
Poets: (Chinese) Bai Yu, The Thirteenth Month, Evan Yu, Yuan Z; (English) Tom Mangione, David Warner, Fei Wu
诗人:(中) 白羽,十三月,于慕文,Yuan Z; (英) Tom Mangione, 吴斐, David Warner
Hope to see you there!
欢迎你们参加!
深沉 | Darkness |
终于音乐又想起来,我想从我混沌的思绪中找出点细缝, | That music finally comes back to me, what I want is to find a thin thread of carefulness among the chaos in my head, |
能透露出一点光亮,而我的脑袋可以晃一下,俩下. | to let a tiny bit of light through, to let my mind stabilize for one moment, two moments. |
春天过去的时候,有位80多岁的老人对我说,有故事将会发生在夏天. | Spring had just passed, this old man told me that summer held stories yet to happen. |
你抬头看看我们巷子深处的一棵孤独的树上了么, | When you raise your head can you see that one lonely tree that has grown in the depths of our alley? |
那里有一对鸟打算在这个夏天结为夫妻. | Two little birds live in that tree, they will fall in love this summer and marry. |
就象我们一样,你看看我, | Just like us, you look at me, |
我看看他,他满身皱纹,我猜测那些皱纹中是否藏有什么秘密, | and I look at him, |
我仔细用目光搜索.然后又看了看那棵已经死掉的树, | and I’m wondering what secrets are conceiled within those wrinkles on his body. |
光秃秃的树干上什么也没有,那鸟在哪?是否在树的皱纹里? | I look around carefully, searching. And I see that deceased old tree again. |
我浑身突然一抖,就好象被什么东西击打了一般. | Not one twig left on it’s barren trunk, and where are those two little birds? |
Hiding within its wrinkles? | |
有个声音对我呼喊到:我要砍掉你的手,我要砍死你. | My body suddenly quivers all over, as if struck by something heavy. |
有人在笑着,有人在流泪,快乐的继续着. | |
这时的音乐是缓慢而沉重的. | A scream then: “I’m gonna cut your hands off, I’m gonna axe you to death!” |
Laughter, tears, and the happiness goes on, | |
老人又对我说着什么, | and at this point, |
我没有听到,什么都没有听到,那强壮的老人,昏黄的目光. | the music is slow and heavy. |
我们,俩个,加上那树,加上那鸟都是冷漠的,不懂回报的, | |
麻木的,悲伤的同类,因为我们都在这个遥远的巷子里,长长的巷子,几步就可以走完. | The old man again tells me something, |
在外面是大街,车水马龙,很阳光和嘈杂. | I did not hear it, did not hear a thing! Oddly strong old man, dim eyed. |
而我们这里依然是深沉的. | Us; the two of us, and that tree, and those little birds; we are indifferent, with no concept of retribution, |
Numb and sad in the same way, all in this remote alley, in this streched out alley I could exit with only a few steps. | |
Out there: the avenues, crowds and cars, sunshine and noise, | |
But in here | |
same as before | |
is darkness. |
__
诗人/Poet: 白羽 (Bai Yu)
翻译/Translator: Bjorn Wahlstrom
2011年7月23日第一个译站朗诵 / Read at United Verses 1, Jul 23, 2011
United Verses is now accepting submissions for its fourth bilingual poetry reading in June. Please see the submissions page for guidelines and submission information. Thanks!
译站现在开始征集第四届6月双语诗歌朗诵会的诗歌。更多信息和要求,请阅读提交规则网页。谢谢!
和里面的一些对话 | Conversations With Inside |
这是一条通往我自己深处的暗道 | This is the tunnel that leads deep into myself |
虽然, 偶尔也会有其他不同质地的访问者 | Although I constantly have visitors of different textures |
他们以不同的方式进入 | Coming in in different ways |
或兴奋, 或麻木, 或好奇, | Whether excited, or numb, or curious |
亦或轻装上阵, 亦或全副武装 | Whether scantily clad or armed to the hilt |
在得到允可后 | Given permission, |
我也会接纳赤裸的热情访客 | naked passionate visitors are invited in |
来解决我成长中的烦恼 | to soothe my growing pains |
原因是 我无法理解 | The Reason: I can’t understand why |
敏感如蜗牛的触角在吸收入宇宙间五彩斑斓的氧份后 | after the sensitivity of my snail’s feelers absorbed all the colorful elements in the air, |
却无法排泄出自我矛盾的苦恼 | I couldn’t excrete the worries of my self contradictions. |
它们刺激我神精的末梢 | They stimulate the ends of my nerves |
并让我张罗起夜的黑网 象儿时扑捉蝴蝶似的 | and they let me manage the dark net of the night like catching butterflies when I was a child, |
扑捉梦乡 | catching dream lands |
而失眠的中华医学成果 | But Chinese medicine’s successful studies of insomnia |
无法解释我便秘的思路 | can’t explain my constipated thoughts |
这一次 来访者携带高科技产品 | This time one of the visitors brought along a high-tech product |
手忙脚乱 履行义务 | Hurried and perfunctory |
我将就着白日梦 暂且忘记来访者的意图 | I compromised my day dreams and temporarily forgot the purpose of the visitors, |
缓缓进入自己 | and slowly came into myself |
我看到 自己站在自己之下 | I saw how I stood under myself |
自己走在自己之上 | walked above myself |
自己躺在自己之内 | lay inside myself |
自己脱在自己之外 | took off layers outside myself |
还有无数个自己以各种欲望在暗道里短兵相接 | Besides that, there are countless selves doing battle inside the tunnel |
我们爱戴着对方的耻辱, 又羞辱着彼此的荣誉 | We love bearing each others’ disgrace, humiliating each others’ honor |
我们在疑问中死去 又显身与不同的答案之中 | We die in questions, and come to life through answers. |
我们从一个脸庞中剖析出成千上万的遗传基因 | We dissect and analyze millions of parental genes from one face, |
又在无数个灵魂里揣摩出一种痕迹 | cloning a trail from countless souls. |
除此之外 | Besides that |
交通正在堵塞 | Traffic is jammed |
市场经济生意兴隆 | The market economy is growing |
爱情与婚姻勾心斗角 | Love and marriage are in conflict in both public and private |
举国上下欢庆无名的葬礼 | The whole country is celebrating a nameless funeral |
与此同时 | And at the same time |
消化不良 疑神疑鬼 彻夜难眠 | Indigestion, skeptical minds, insomniacs |
等等相关的场面 | And such things appearing on the scene |
皆在暗道里化为传说中的那座山 | Have all become that legendary mountain in the tunnel, |
只是今朝今昔连愚公也无能为力 | But today, tonight even Yu Gong can’t help |
经过高科技的洗礼后 | After the high-technology’s christening |
来访者在外界举起中指 询问我关于内在的消息 | The visitors raised their middle finger on the outside, asking for the messages from inside |
我在暗道里接出一招 并点点头 | I took that, and nodded my head in the tunnel. |
天长地久 白头偕老 海枯石烂 | The end of days, growing old together, until seas dry up and the stones rot, |
等等当今的传说 | And such modern legends |
我准备将他们统统吃下去 再慢慢让它们在我体内 | I will prepare to eat them up slowly taking them into my body again |
提炼 打磨 透明 | to purify, to polish, to crystallize |
变为琥珀 | until they turn to amber. |
有一天 我会 | One day I will |
在各种场合下不紧不慢 | take things easy in all kinds of circumstances. |
当来访者举起白旗 | When visitors raise the white flag |
我会告诉他们 | I will tell them |
我的暗道坚贞不虞 | My tunnel is steadfast |
不过在此之前 | But before that |
我必须学会冷暖自知 并掌握想象的尺度 | I have to know myself in all situations and master the scale of my imagination |
直到我可以出入自如 | Until I can come and go as I please |
—
诗人/Poet: 赵可 (Coco Zhao)
翻译/Translator: Tom Mangione
2011年12月10日第二个译站朗诵 / Read at United Verses 2, Dec 10, 2011